St Martins has a fixed term contract role for a Floating Support Worker to provide support to vulnerable people who are receiving support from Bridges, Reablement or living within Magdalen Rd project.
To be successful you will be confident, adaptable, and conscientious, have empathy with the people we support, the determination to make a difference. You will be required to have experience of working (paid or voluntary) with people with at least one of the following support needs: substance misuse, offending history, mental health, learning disabilities, single homeless, and a clear understanding of at least two other related groups.
We are looking for:
- Someone with the passion and drive to support anyone finding themselves in this situation.
- Evidence of emotional resilience and tenacity to provide support, even when faced with resistance.
- Experience of supporting people who have poor mental health, addictions or who are ex-offenders.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and work unsociable hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays is essential
You can expect:
- A comprehensive training programme, whilst gaining experience in the fields of criminal justice, social care, mental health and housing law.
- You will have a personal development programme tailored to your interests within our field of work.
- Up to 29 days holiday and from your first day an additional ‘birthday’ holiday to be taken in your birthday month.
- Access to discounted products and services, including: ‘Blue Light’ discount card, ‘Perkbox’, wellbeing platform, cycle to work scheme, Pension scheme and life insurance.
- The support and guidance of working for one of the top 5 best charities to work for, in the Best Companies list 2023.
If you would like further information about the role, please contact Jane Smith , Community Services Manager on 01603 699150.
For an application pack, please download the below documents or email email@example.com. Once completed, please send to the same address.
St Martins is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.