St Martins, has a part time vacancy for a Senior Support Worker at Dibden Road, St Martins’ 23-bed hostel. The hostel aims to support men at risk of social exclusion who are aged 18 and above to establish their housing pathway into independent living. Service users will be empowered to live more independently, ensuring that each person has a greater choice and control over every aspect of their life.
The post holder will be part of a team assessing residents’ abilities and developing an achievable resettlement action plan for individual residents, involving them, and getting them to work together with other residents where appropriate and review progress of assigned residents.
We are looking for:
- Someone with the passion and drive to support anyone finding themselves in this situation.
- Evidence of emotional resilience and tenacity to provide support during the night, even when faced with resistance.
- Experience of supporting people who have poor mental health, addictions or who are ex-offenders.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and work unsociable hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays and cover sleep-ins.
You can expect:
- A comprehensive training programme, whilst gaining experience in the fields of criminal justice, social care, mental health and housing law.
- You will have a personal development programme tailored to your interests within our field of work.
- Up to 29 days holiday and from your first day an additional ‘birthday’ holiday to be taken in your birthday month.
- Access to discounted products and services, including: ‘Blue Light’ discount card, ‘Perkbox’, wellbeing platform, cycle to work scheme, Pension scheme and life insurance.
- The support and guidance of working for one of the top 5 best charities to work for, in the Best Companies list 2023.
For an application pack, please download the below documents or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once completed, please send to the same address.
St Martins is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.