We are looking for a Part Time Senior Support Worker to join us to deliver an exciting service in Norwich.
The Somewhere Safe to Stay Hub is just one element of the Rapid Re-housing Pathway which is included in the Governments Rough Sleeping Strategy 2018.
The aim of the service is to provide a safe place to stay for a person who is already sleeping rough, has a history of rough sleeping or at imminent risk of rough sleeping. At the Somewhere Safe to Stay Hub a person needs will be assessed and a clear and rapid housing pathway with support will be identified and quickly put in to place, working in partnership with local service providers and Norwich City Council.
We are looking for:
- Someone with the passion and drive to support anyone finding themselves in this situation.
- Evidence of emotional resilience and tenacity to provide support, even when faced with resistance.
- Experience of supporting people who have poor mental health, addictions or who are ex-offenders.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and work unsociable hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
You can expect:
- The support and guidance of working for one of the Top 20 Best Charities to Work For, as featured in the Sunday Times list for 2021.
- A comprehensive training programme and gaining experience in the fields of criminal justice, social care, mental health and housing law.
- For anyone wishing to learn more and progress, you will have a personal development programme tailored to your interests within our field of work.
- Up to 29 days holiday and from your first day an additional ‘birthday’ holiday to be taken in your birthday month.
For more information about the role, please call Alex Colahan, Manager of the Somewhere Safe to Stay Hub, on 01603 851344.
For an application pack, please download the below documents or email email@example.com. Once completed, please send to the same address.
St Martins Housing Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.