If you’re currently sleeping on the streets in Norwich, please contact the Pathways team on 01603 984694 or go to Bishopbridge House, William Kett Cl, Norwich NR1 4FD
Bishopbridge House is open 24 hours a day. You do not need a referral.
If you have found yourself homeless or at threat of homelessness there are some services which are there to help you.
Your local council is legally required to give you advice on your current housing situation and help you to find a place to live.
You need to:
- Find out what your entitlements are to housing welfare benefit
- If you can claim for any sort of emergency loan
- Fill out a homeless person application form
The Council are legally obliged to:
- Accept a homelessness application from you
- Give you advice and assistance to help you avoid losing your home (this may include helping you to negotiate with your landlord or mortgage lender)
- Give you advice about finding somewhere else to live.
Shelter is a UK charity which provides free, confidential advice to people with all kinds of housing problems. The Norwich office is located at Whitefriars House, 50 Fishergate, Norwich, NR3 1SE and is open Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm. Their telephone number is 0344 515 1860