Get your free Fundraising Pack
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for St Martins. Please click the link below to get out free downloadable fundraising pack. The fundraising pack has everything students may need to know about organising a fundraising event for St Martins. Inside the pack students will find hints, tips, and inspiration to kickstart their fundraising. No matter your target, however big or small, every little helps.
Download here: Fundraising Pack
Here are just a few ideas:
- Take part in a physical challenge event, e.g. a race, climb or skydive, and ask friends and family to sponsor you.
- Organise a bake sale or coffee morning at your workplace, school, university, community centre or place of worship.
- Hold a garage sale.
- See our Fundraising A-Z for more ideas…
Before your event, please contact us to tell us what you’re doing, by emailing email@example.com. We love hearing from you and we are happy to provide you with any promotional materials you need.
You can be as creative as you like, but please stay safe. Here are a few Dos and Don’ts:
- Tell us you are fundraising for St Martins
- Take part in properly organised events
- Involve your family, friends and colleagues
- Use social media to promote what you’re doing
- Contact us if you would like to borrow branded collecting tins and buckets, or if you would like some leaflets
- Use an online fundraising page like JustGiving to manage donations
- Ask permission before collecting donations in private premises (shops, cafes etc)
- Send us photographs and tell us what you did
- Take part in anything that is not safe (organised events are usually fine, but for example, don’t sleep out on the streets unless it’s part of an organised event that is being properly managed and risk-assessed)
- Collect donations on the street (unless you are joining a licenced St Martins collection – it is illegal to collect donations on the streets without a street collection licence)
- Knock on people’s doors to ask for donations (again, this is illegal without a licence.)
After your event
You can pay in the money raised in any of the following ways:
- Send a cheque payable to St Martins to St Martins House, 120 Thorpe Road, Norwich NR1 1RT – remember to tell us who you are and what you did to raise the money
- Pay directly to us via BACS – please contact us on 01603 667706 or via firstname.lastname@example.org for details
If you’d like some inspiration, here are some stories from a few of our supporters: