Here are just a few ideas:
- Take part in a physical challenge event, e.g. a race, climb or skydive, and ask friends and family to sponsor you.
- Organise a bake sale or coffee morning at your workplace, school, university, community centre or place of worship.
- Hold a garage sale.
You can be as creative as you like, but please stay safe. Here are a few Dos and Don’ts:
- Tell us you are fundraising for St Martins
- Take part in properly organised events
- Involve your family, friends and colleagues
- Download our customisable fundraising posters and resources
- Use social media to promote what you’re doing
- Contact us if you would like to borrow branded collecting tins and buckets, or if you would like some leaflets
- Use online fundraising pages like JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving to manage donations
- Ask permission before collecting donations in private premises (shops, cafes etc)
- Send us photographs and tell us what you did
- Take part in anything that is not safe (organised events are usually fine, but for example, don’t sleep out on the streets unless it’s part of an organised event that is being properly managed and risk-assessed)
- Collect donations on the street (unless you are joining a licenced St Martins collection – it is illegal to collect donations on the streets without a street collection licence)
- Knock on people’s doors to ask for donations (again, this is illegal without a licence.)
After your event
You can pay in the money raised in any of the following ways:
- Send a cheque payable to St Martins to 35 Bishopgate, Norwich NR1 4AA – remember to tell us who you are and what you did to raise the money
- Pay directly to us via BACS – please contact us on 01603 667706 or via firstname.lastname@example.org for details
If you’d like some inspiration, here are some stories from a few of our supporters: