To follow from the emergency and short term accommodation at our direct access hostel Bishopbridge House, we offer second stage housing at various locations across the city, where residents are able to stay for up to two years and receive varying degrees of support to enable them to further stabilise their lives and, in a majority of cases, move on to their own tenancies.
We support people who have multiple needs, which may include those who have had exclusions and complex issues. In some locations, there is a staff worker on site to provide support and house management. Residents will have a support plan and regular reviews with their allocated worker.
Example of support offered:
- Accessing specialist support for addiction
- Addressing issues around their physical or mental health
- Registering with the local authority in order to secure a tenancy
- Identifying social support networks
- Engaging with primary care services